Laurelwood has launched our new school website. Over the next several months all schools in the district will transition to new websites that have a similar look and feel. "One of the goals of this district-wide project is to improve our parents' experience when using their school's website. The new websites allow us to reduce redundant efforts and enhance communications with parents throughout the district," says Charles Crosby, director of EESD communications. There are many new features that will improve everyone's experience, whether you are looking at the website from a laptop, desktop, tablet or from your mobile phone.
- The new website is filled with lots of great information. We encourage you to take a minute to familiarize yourself with the menu bars and drop down menus so you know what information is available. The menu bar at the top of the page links directly to the EESD website while the menu bar in the middle takes you to everything you want to know about our school.
- Four categories of News keep you up to date with everything going on at school and our district: School News, PTA News, District News and Community News.
- All school, PTA and district meetings and events and activities are available on one calendar on the right side of the front page.
- Tired of adding school events to your personal calendar? Now you can subscribe to the school calendars and an automatic feed will populate your calendar with school events and activities. Click the View All Events button at the bottom of the weekly calendar on the front page of the website. Then click on the Calendar Export Icon and select which feed you want.
- A convenient language translation button, located at the bottom of the front page, automatically translates the entire website into 20 languages. If you prefer a language not listed in the selection box, please let us know and we can see if it is available to add.
- The new website is responsive. This means the site will scale to fit whatever device you use making it easier to read and use.
Stop by, visit for a while and let us know what you think. Don't forget, our new website address is laurelwood.eesd.org. We will fully merge into using the new website in 2016-2017.